Spreading enthusiasm & optimism
With more than three decades of experience behind the podium, M.R. is now a sought-after public speaker. He taps into his own life experiences and professional successes to connect with audiences of all types – from young adults to business leaders, government officials to community organizers.
M.R. has headlined conferences, delivered keynotes, moderated panels, and conducted one-on-one interviews with Global 500 executives and government officials on numerous professional topics, including tech startups, corporate sustainability, U.S.-India relations, and social entrepreneurship.
After addressing hundreds of technology executives and buyers at dozens of events as a young Silicon Valley CMO, M.R. is comfortable at the mic on stage and online for engagements from Bengaluru to Beijing to Berkeley to Bonn. Follow the links at the bottom of this page to view video from M.R.’s recent speeches.
M.R.’s penchant for optimism and desire to be a catalyst for change has led to an increasing number of inspirational speaking engagements. Of these addresses, his most proud moment was being invited to deliver the commencement address to the 2018 graduates of his alma mater, Kent State University.
M.R.’s inspirational keynotes typically focus on issues of life, goals, and priorities – topics that apply to all adults, regardless of profession, background, or nationality. Recent speeches addressed the following themes:
- Leveraging personal networks for significant impact
- Finding work-life balance for professionals
- The pleasures of being a “giver” – not a “taker” – in life
- Reinventing yourself in mid-life and retirement
- Following passions and taking risks to achieve personal happiness
M.R. does not accept fees for his speaking engagements; he directs any honorarium to the nonprofit of the organizer’s choice. He enjoys collaborating and brainstorming about the best way to connect with a particular audience; Reach out to M.R. directly to discuss speaking opportunities.
Notable Speaking Engagements
- Entrepreneurship & Risk – Startup World Cup Finale Keynote – 2019
- Creating Powerful Networks that Make an Impact, Ideagen Innovation 2030 Digital Summit – 2020
- Kent State Commencement Address – 2018
- CFOs of Tesla, Levi Strauss, & Visa – TiE Inflect Grand Keynote Panel – 2018
- Life Lessons – The Global & Educational Leadership Foundation – 2013
- Foundation for Excellence Gala Keynote – 2016
- Interview with U. S, Attorney Preet Bharara – TiECon 2015
- On Babyboomers & Giving Back, UNITY Dinner at the India Community Center Keynote – 2014
Podcasts / Webinars / Online Interviews
- “Building Powerful Networks” – The Change Alchemist podcast – 2020
- Diwali Awards 2020 – Accepting the Canada-India Business Council “Global Service Award”
- The Next New Normal: Opportunities for the Next Generation – VIMARSHA Webinar – 2020